Eric Cartman - Photoshop Tutorial
As some of you may notice, there has been a lot of people creating their own unique South Park characters for their personal avatars on chat and forum websites. In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the basics of creating a simple South Park character. Where you go after this tutorial is up to your imagination and your own unique creativity.
1. Open up a new document in Photoshop. Pixel dimension: 600x600.
2. Create a new layer. Call it "Head".
3. Select the Eliptical Marquee tool and create an oval shape for his head.
4. Choose a skin tone color (this tutorial uses Hex# D6B58C). Select the Paint Bucket tool and fill in the selection.
5. Select the Oval Tool. Make sure that "Fill Pixels" option is selected. Choose "white" for the color from the swatches palette.
6. Create a new layer. Call it "Right Eye".
7. Drag an oval for the right eye.
8. Click CTRL+T to go into Transform mode. Use the shape handles to tilt the eye inward a bit. When you have finished adjusting. Hit the Enter key to exit Transform mode.
9. Next, select the Move tool. Holding down the ALT key, drag the right eye to the left side of the face (Holding down ALT will create a duplicate layer of the eye.) Name the new duplicate layer "Left Eye".
10. With "Left Eye" layer selected. Goto Edit > Transform > Flip Vertical. Adjust the left eye again to fit.
11. Select the Polygonal Lasso tool. Create an arc selection just over the eyes like below:
12. Click the "Head Layer" so it is active. Using the Paint Bucket tool, fill in the skin colored area of the selection with blue (this tutorial uses Hex# 39ADC6).
13. Click CTRL+D to remove the selection.
14. Create a new layer on top of all the other layers. Call it "Face".
15. With "Face" layer active, select the Paint Brush tool. Choose yellow from the swatches palette (this tutorial uses Hex# EFD610).
16. Choose a proportionate sized brush to your drawing and draw a yellow line across the bottom rim of Cartman's hat.
17. Select a smaller brush size, choose "Black" as your color, then draw all the lines for the face. Draw a small line for the mouth and two dots for the eyes. WHen you draw the lines for Cartman's double chin, use a darker skin tone color (using black will look too obvious).
18. Now select the Polygonal Lasso tool. Create a football shaped selection on the top of the cap like so:
19. Goto Select > Modify > Smooth. Set the pixel amount to "5". Click OK.
20. Now fill in the smoothed out selection with yellow (Hex# EFD610).
21. You're done! You should now have Eric Cartman's face drawn out.