Creating Outline Text (Photoshop Tutorial)
Outline text can add an extra cool effect to our artwork and graphic projects. In fact, there are lots of ways to create outline text. In this tutorial, we'll examine how to create it using a different technique than that used by "Blending Properties" functionality. The reason we aren't using the "Blending Options" in this tutorial is because the techniques involved can help you with coming up with your own creative uses of manipulating selections on separate layers.
1. Open up a new document in Photoshop.
2. Using the text tool, type anything you want. In this example, we'll type the word "Photoshop".
3. Next, use the magic wand tool and click on the text. The text should now have selection dashes around it showing that it is selected.
4. From the main menu, goto Select > Modify > Expand. Choose a number above "1" pixel (I chose "2" as the pixel amount).
5. Next, create a new layer under the text layer.
6. Fill this selection on this new layer with what ever color you want using the paint bucket.
7. Finally, merge all the layers from the main menu. Goto Layer > Flatten Image.